Arrival in SF

dscf4420.1187049517.jpg

Having arrived in the middle of the night, I dash straight for Amy's. She had left the apartment key in the usual place. And once more I find myself smoking on a new kind of balcony, a fire escape, something I value so much. The backstory is that I met Amy via the "couchsurfing" website when I arrived in the States. I spent a week in SF to prepare for this trip before I flew off for NYC. And thanks to her help, I landed at Becky's place in Williamsburg, etc... A single thread ties it all together.

dscf4448.1187049536.jpg

And so that does it, I'm here in Frisco. The crossing is finished and, like Jack, I am cognizant of this great distance I've covered from the East Coast: "...I was rudely jolted in the bus station at Market and Fourth into the memory of the fact that I was three thousand two hundred miles from my aunt's house in Paterson, New Jersey. I wandered out like a haggard ghost..."

No comments:

Post a Comment