Oh my God I love Jennifer

p1000202.1181607524.jpg

I find Becky one evening at the patio of a neighborhood bar. She introduces me to her friend Jennifer, who is an artist, poet, and a singer with the band Elysian Fields, which I'm not familiar with. We talk about one thing and another. Jennifer speaks a little French with a certain charm. She knows Paris and has already made a CD with her band at Cafe de la Danse. She has a nutty side to her that I really love, and I have the impression she lives on another planet. It must be Planet New York. We have a few drinks together, and all three of us get going... And so Jennifer takes us for a ride in her dented car.

p1000195.1181607554.jpg


I got a kick out of the poster taped to the back of the seat. And then suddenly: a moment of magic... She plays for us the last studio recording she just finished, and I discover how big of a talent she really is! Rarely have I heard a voice as sweet and as sensual... accompanied by a melody that give the whole thing a perfect, voluptuous harmony. I am in heaven, while the streets of New York at night fly past my window.

You really HAVE to check out elysianmusic. There is also a sublime remake of Edith Piaf's "Jezebel" filmed by Vincent Moon.

No comments:

Post a Comment