Welcome to Boulder !

dscf0235.1185741444.jpg
Five minutes ago, I arrived in Boulder, located an hour away from Denver. I come across an unexpected parade, a kind of "naked pride" -- on bicycles... What's happening?! I know absolutely nothing about it. But with a nod, I ask for permission to take pictures. They answer in the positive with wide smiles...


dscf0237.1185741520.jpg
A protest unimaginable in Denver, which is a much more conservative city... But Boulder has always been very liberal -- in the sense of "free spirits" -- and it gleefully stakes its claim. Later, I would learn that these people were marching against American intervention in Iraq and for the development of alternative energy sources... - Wow, say no more! Where do I sign up? - I feel a real freedom of opinion and action here, as a taste of what's to come in California..?!


No comments:

Post a Comment