Smoking pot

dscf0351.1184351513.jpg
The Beats were certainly not choir boys when it comes to consuming psychotropics. Yet it's not quite Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas, though close to it: alcohol, marijuana, benzedrine, mescaline... This list is not exhaustive. In On the Road, Jack talks about the "tea" that he smokes. It's about marijuana of course. I find myself one evening having a drink and smoking "tea" on the balcony of Christopher's neighbors, and I'm amused at the situation, with the capital, Denver, as the backdrop.


dscf0064.1184351548.jpg
Many Americans, like the French, are smokers. But there are no joints mixed with tobacco ("spliffs") here. I don't believe there is basically any in the whole country, which is not the case with marijuana... They smoke pure grass, whether in a pipe or in a bong, even among cigarette smokers. It's surely a matter of culture differences...

No comments:

Post a Comment