
"The Deep End" is hands-down in my opinion the best sound on the playa -- très deep house... This is the place where smokers anxious for sunset come to party, the beginning of the action in the coming night. But Black Rock City never sleeps, even though the parties occur at night because of the temps. In the daytime, there is always somewhere to hang out by a good sound system or to take a tour in an "art car" blaring some good sounds. Except that, at 100+ degrees F in the shade, it takes just a little more motivation...

At sunset, when the temps are more hospitable, bodies and minds begin to stir haphazardly... And while I continue hallucinating on this continuous demented party paradox in the middle of a searing desert, a guy offers me some acid. And since I say I've already been helped, I see him swallow the equivalent of three buvards [ hits of LSD-impregnated slips of blotting paper ].
No comments:
Post a Comment