
While strolling in the Mission, I happen to come across a poster announcing an "open mic poetry and music" gathering to celebrate the 40th anniversary of the Summer of Love... So I decide to go to the Panhandle Band Shell, made of the hoods of cars, to check it out. Over twenty people were present to mark the event... It wasn't the insanity of the good ol' days, but you see I made good use of the chance to do a modest series of portraits of those who went before the microphone.

Barry. He was there 40 years ago. He explains: Beatnik + LSD = Hippie.

Garret Murphy.

Charlie Getter. Meeting coordinator.

E.K. Keith. Coordinator.

Mr. Noname.

Diamond Dave Whitaker.

Amber Borman.

Cara Vida.

Rainbow thinking of ways to be kind.
I'd love to use that photo of Diamond Dave for a blog post. Can you get in touch and let me know if that is possible? Thanks!
ReplyDeleteH.
Yes no problem, but don't forget my copyright "pierre-olivier labbe".
ReplyDeletePierre, thanks so much! I ended up using another photo since I didn't see your reply (my mistake). Here's the post if you are curious:
ReplyDeletehttp://laughingsquid.com/diamond-dave-san-francisco-rabble-rouser-and-revolutionary-rebel/
H.