Welcome to Black Rock City !

dscf7051.1189023485.jpg

I heard in San Francisco just a minute ago about the Burning Man Festival. The topic, in every conversation, leaves nobody undecided: you are either for it or against it. And in the City, you are ether a "burner" or not. When Greg and Nina suggested I join them in their camp, I told myself that this was the chance to really find out in person if the Beat spirit is present in this gigantic, extravagant gathering in the middle of the Nevada desert.

dscf6839.1189025827.jpg

Each year, Black Rock City emerges from the emptiness of the desert to become Nevada's third city. Within a week's time, this ephemeral place is host to 50,000 nutty people who come primarily from the Bay Area but also from just about everywhere in the nation and the whole world too. A week of non-stop partying among various devices and installations, one wackier than the next. All this in a sub-Saharan climate under extreme survival conditions....

No comments:

Post a Comment