
Nina. The first time I saw her, it was in Dolores Park. When it was time to go and everybody was waiting for her, she was picking up some of the remaining litter left behind on the lawn. Since meeting her then, we have hardly left each other alone. And not a single happening in the City occurs without my BFE -- Best Fixer Ever -- keeping me informed now. It's been eleven years since she left New York in order to come live in San Francisco. She and Gregory met each other as students at Yale (environmental and forestry school) and were married in Las Vegas ten years ago. She is very engaged in fair-trade commerce and is currently involved in creating the first chocolate factory in San Francisco.

When I asked her about what place is important to her, she straight off said her garden. "I feel peaceful in the garden. I love the smell of grass and leaves.” Here, she and Gregory grow fruit, vegetables, exotic plants. And they love being in the garden together, a bit of a metaphor of their formula for love. So why SF then? “I love the vibe here; I love the people; I love the richness of experiences always going on here. There is a lot of energy and spirit in this city.”
No comments:
Post a Comment