
Rendez-vous with Amy at Amnesia, a small club with live music on Valencia St. in the Mission. She likes this place especially for its bluegrass... I was thinking this was something you smoke, but no, it's a kind of country music. Actually, it's bluesy country or something like that. This being unknown musical territory for me, I admit, I'm left in the dust. Outside by the door of the club, as intimate couples are leaving or coming to meet, I hear the initial notes being played. I'm in luck tonight, it's hot jazz...

Good vibes inside and super energy on stage. Here is a small excerpt from one of Sal and Dean's excursions to a jazz club in "Frisco":
"Uproars of music and the tenorman had it and everybody knew he had it. Dean was clutching his head in the crowd, and it was a mad crowd. They were all urging that tenorman to hold it and keep it with cries and wild eyes (...) 'Stay with it, man!' roared a man with a foghorn voice, and let out a big groan that must have been heard clear out in Sacramento..."
No comments:
Post a Comment